A WEEK’S STAY
A holiday of discovery in the magnificent limestone hills of the Regional natural park “Causses du Quercy” in Limogne en Quercy in the Lot (46)
You will stay in a gite adjoining the traditional home of the owner’s who are natives of the region. Come here and during your stay meet someone who is passionate about this mysterious mushroom.
Come and discover the delights of Quercy: Saffron, castles, chateaux; local farmer’s markets and its charming villages classified as being among the most beautiful villages of France. From December to the end of March as well as other delights you will be here in the right season to learn about the local truffle market and the truffle.
- Monday – Truffle and foie gras market in Caussade
- Tuesday – The biggest truffle market in the region, situated in LALBENQUE
- Wednesday – Market in Cahors and visit the old town and famous Valentre bridge
- Thursday – A typical local market in the walled town of Villefranche de Rouergue
- Friday – The specialist truffle market in LIMOGNE en QUERCY
Your Friday morning programme, bookings only
- 10 H – Welcome and presentation of the workings of the truffle market
- 10 H 30 – We will accompany you to the truffle market where you can buy truffles if you want to.
- 11 H – Visit to a truffle orchard where you can watch a demonstration of finding truffles. Marie France will share her passion for this “prized mushrooom” with you and teach you all you want to know about the mysterious Truffle.
- 12 H 30 – Gastronomic dinner (3 courses, each including truffles) in the restaurant “Le Rince Cochon” and to finish the day you can stroll the Causse de LIMOGNE and discover the many dolmens that exist there. Bookings only to include the presentation and guided visit of the truffle orchard and the luxury meal.
A day that dreams are made of.
Saturday – Market in Figeac and visit the old town of Champollion and the square dedicated to authorship and writing.
Sunday morning – Local farmer’s market where you can see and appreciate local specialities: foie gras, Cahors wine, goat’s cheese (cabécou) etc.
On other days we can give you advice on where to go and what to see and can suggest several alternatives according to your desires.
Price for the gite out of season 200 per week.
The Friday tour is not included in the price for the week.
For further information click on the tab “notre gite” our gite. Long weekends can be arranged according to availability.An enjoyable week is waiting for you here in Limogne en Quercy.